The infamous cliffhanger that closed out Game of Thrones season five still stings, but anyone who wants to relive the misery or (gasp!) experience it for the first time will be happy to know that HBO has officially unveiled details regarding the season’s home release.
Game of Thrones season five will be available on Blu-ray and DVD March 15, 2016, which is inline with HBO’s usual practice of releasing a season a few weeks before the premiere of the next one. The cover art for the box set has also been unveield, along with descriptions of bonus content and special features:
- Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy – Details about the creation of “Mother’s Mercy,” from the writing table all the way through to visual effects
- The Real History Behind Game of Thrones – In a two-part series, historians and George R.R. Martin discuss the era known as “The Wars of the Roses” and other historical events that served as inspiration for his novels
- Audio Commentaries – Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.
- Deleted Scenes – 4 deleted scenes
- A Day in the Life – Inside look at the production process of Season 5
- New Characters/New Locations – Explore the new societies, cultures and locations from Season 5
Exclusive Blu-ray bonus content:
- Digital Copy – For the entire Season
- The Dance of Dragons – An in-depth look at the story behind the Targaryen civil war
- In-Episode Guide – Provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories
- Histories and Lore – Explore the mythology of Westeros and Essos from character perspectives in 14 history pieces with feature illustrations
Here’s what the set will look like: