Following in the footsteps of Raw, Smackdown Live emanates from the moors of Scotland, and includes Becky Lynch defending the Smackdown Women’s Champion against Alexa Bliss, in a match that was delayed from No Mercy. Plus, there’s no way Smackdown’s Survivor Series teams can be more dysfunctional than Raw’s were on Monday, right? Find out the results from this week’s Smackdown Live right here!
Live (on tape delay) from Glasgow, Scotland
Tom Phillips is introduced as the newest member of the Smackdown announce table, which is now four members strong. That’s too much, man!
AJ Styles started the show by complaining about James Ellsworth’s interference last week, but asserted himself as the captain of Smackdown’s Survivor Series team and called out the other four members. Ellsworth accompanied Ambrose to the ring. Styles tried to intimidate Ambrose and Ellsworth with his numerical advantage, but Corbin walked away, and Shane McMahon interrupted before anything could happen. Shane officially named Ellswoth as Smackdown’s mascot for Survivor Series. He also announced a six-man tag match with Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Randy Orton facing Ambrose, Ellsworth, and Corbin for the evening’s main event.
Backstage, Corbin refused to team with Ambrose and Ellsworth, so he was given a match with Kalisto instead.
– Breezango d. The Vaudevillains to become the fifth and final entrants in the Survivor Series 10-team Elimination match (Fandango pinned English, Falcon Arrow)
– Naomi d. Natalya (pinfall, rollup)
Natalya was distracted by trying to break up a fight at ringside between Nikki Bell and Carmella, leaving to the finish.
Daniel Bryan told Dean Ambrose and James Ellsworth that their new partner in the main event would be Kane. Kane ordered Ellsworth not to tag in.
– Baron Corbin vs Kalisto didn’t get started, as Corbin attacked Kalisto before the bell. Corbin appeared to hurt his knee leaving the ring, however, and Kalisto attacked the limping Corbin, aggravating the injury further.
– Becky Lynch d. Alexa Bliss to retain the Smackdown Women’s Championship (submission, Disarm-her)
Bliss’ foot was on the rope when she submitted, but the referee didn’t see it.
The Miz and Maryse confronted Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon over allowing Ziggler to defend the Intercontinental Title against a Raw Superstar. It’s revealed that in exchange for Ziggler doing so, Brian Kendrick will defend the Cruiserweight Title against Kalisto. In addition, should Kalisto win, Smackdown gets the whole Cruiserweight Division. Because he might not get it otherwise, Miz is granted his rematch for the Intercontinental Title on next week’s Smackdown. Presumably, should he win, he would then defend it against Zayn.
– Curt Hawkins d. Apollo Crews (pinfall, Oklahoma Roll)
– Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, and Luke Harper d. Kane, James Ellsworth, and Dean Ambrose (Wyatt pinned Ellsworth, Sister Abigail)
Postmatch, Shane McMahon prevented the heels from attacking Ambrose, then Daniel Bryan announced that Shane would be replacing the injured Baron Corbin on the Smackdown Survivor Series team.