Two weeks away from SummerSlam, there are still matches to be made before WWE’s biggest Pay Per View of the summer, and Raw was entirely given over towards building towards that show.
Live From Anaheim, California
Enzo and Cass came out to cut a promo that was interrupted by Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. After some goading, we had our first match of the evening.
– Chris Jericho defeated Enzo Amore by DQ when Kevin Owens baited Cass into the ring.
After the match, Cass challenged Jericho and Owens to a tag team match at SummerSlam.
Sasha agreed to a match with Dana Brooke, where if she won, Dana was banned from ringside at SummerSlam, but if she lost, the match at SummerSlam would be a 2-on-1 Handicap Match
– Braun Strowman defeated Jorel Nelson (pinfall, Reverse Chokeslam)
– Darren Young defeated Titus O’Neil (pinfall, rollup w/tights)
Seth Rollins cut a very long promo about how he’s going to beat Finn Balor at SummerSlam.
– Cesaro defeated Sheamus (pinfall, rollup)
A video package aired detailing Orton vs Lesnar, which is technically 15 Years In The Making.
– Neville and Sin Cara defeated The Dudley Boyz (Neville pinned D’von, Red Arrow)
Rusev and Lana’s (very long) celebration of their wedding was interrupted by Roman Reigns, who officially challenged Rusev to a match at SummerSlam for the US Title. Rusev declined, so Reigns offered a toast instead and made crude jokes about the size of Rusev’s manhood. A brawl ensued, sending Lana into the wedding cake, because of course. Then Mick Foley made the match for SummerSlam anyway.
– Sasha Banks defeated Dana Brooke (pinfall, corner double knee stop)
A video package aired of Finn Balor talking about his name and heritage, followed by another video package of The Club mocking Big E’s testicle-related injury from last week
– Luke Gallows defeated Kofi Kingston (pinfall, Reverse F5)
Mick Foley invited Smackdown GM Daniel Bryan to the ring. The two traded compliments and veiled insults until Rusev came out to support Foley (Bryan assumed to suck up to Foley to get out of his SummerSlam match). Cesaro also came out and demanded a championship opportunity, so Foley made a match for the US Title that instant.
– Rusev defeated Cesaro to retain the US Title (pinfall, roundhouse kick)
Sheamus interfered liberally to cause the result, which saw Cesaro get a visual pin during a ref bump. Roman Reigns hit a celebrating Rusev with a Spear to end the show.