It’s that time of year again, when WWE shows off some of the new talent that they’ve signed from around the world to become the newest class of developmental trainees. This time, we’ve got the usual mix of independent wrestlers, former NFL players, and athletes from other sports, including one guy who’s already shown up on NXT television. Here’s a quick summary of all 9 new signings:
– Roderick Strong: Independent wrestler who rose to prominence in Ring of Honor and several other North American promotions. Currently Austin Aries’ tag team partner in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
– “Crazy” Mary Dobson: Independent wrestler who has worked extensively in Japan and Europe. Appeared as enhancement talent on NXT a few months ago.
– Big Damo: Independent wrestler from Northern Ireland who trained with Finn Balor in many of the same promotions. Has also appeared in NJPW and TNA.
– Tommy End: Independent wrestler from the Netherlands who is considered by many to be the “big prize” of this round of signings
– Demitrius Bronson: Former undrafted NFL running back who spent some time on the Seattle Seahawks practice squad
– Victoria Gonzalez: Second generation independent wrestler out of Texas, trained at Texas Wrestling Academy
– Taynara Melo de Carvalho: Brazilian athlete with a black belt in judo who competed at the 2016 Olympic trials in Rio
– Theophilus Agbi: Amherst College graduate, NCWA All-American wrestler
– Alvin Abitz: Army veteran with a background in rugby and kickboxing