It is the final Raw of the year, and the day after Christmas besides, so if you’re expecting important things to go down, well, stranger things have happened. Most importantly, of course, is how WWE will deal with Braun Strowman’s rampage last week. Without further ado, here are the results from this week’s episode of Raw!
Live from Chicago, Illinois
Stephanie McMahon started off the show by announcing that Mick Foley was not there (to not-unexpected chants of “CM Punk”), and was interrupted by Seth Rollins, who, of course, wanted to know what was going on with Stephanie’s husband. Rollins also wanted a match with Braun Strowman, which brought out Roman Reigns, who demanded the same. Rollins and Reigns decided to team up and find Strowman, and Stephanie suggested re-uniting The Shield for one night only, then announced it wouldn’t happen, putting Rollins against Strowman, and Reigns against a mystery opponent for the US Title.
– Sheamus and Cesaro d. The New Day to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles (Sheamus pinned Woods, Brogue Kick)
Backstage, Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho wound up Strowman and pointed him at Reigns and Rollins.
Further backstage, Bayley gave Goldust a Dusty Bear for Christmas, but Gallows and Anderson showed up and tore its head off.
– Nia Jax d. Scarlett (pinfall, Samoan Drop)
Owens and Jericho complained to Stephanie about Foley making Owens defend against Reigns at the Rumble, especially the part where Jericho must hang over the ring in a shark cage. Stephanie chose Owens as Reigns’ opponent for the evening.
Bayley came ot to talk about beating Charlotte for the third time last week. This brought out the champ, who disputed the decision from their last match, complete with video footage showing her shoulder up during the pin. Thanks to Charlotte’s lawyers, the match has been invalidated, so it never happened and Bayley doesn’t get another win. Charlotte offered Bayley another match, but this time with her own referee, Dana Brooke.
– Charlotte d. Bayley (pinfall, rollup w/feet on ropes, and fast count)
Midmatch, Bayley took out Brooke, bringing out a second referee. Brooke pulled out that ref when Bayley was about to get the win, and counted her down for the finish.
Backstage, Stephanie promised Braun he could face Sami Zayn next week, and he demanded a Last Man Standing match.
– Neville d. TJ Perkins (pinfall, rollup w/tights)
Enzo (in a wheelchair) and Cass came out to address Enzo getting beaten up at Sensitivity Training. After Enzo ran through his spiel, Cass challenged Rusev to a fight, bringing out the Bulgarian Brute and Jinder Mahal. They surrounded Cass, but Enzo yanked Mahal off the ring apron, allowing Cass to run off Rusev, then the duo hit Mahal with a Rocket Launcher.
– The Shining Stars vs Darren Young and Bo Dallas ended almost immediately when Braun Strowman came out and destroyed everyone. He’s multitasking!
– Braun Strowman d. Seth Rollins by DQ when Sami Zayn attacked him from the crowd. Strowman chased the faster Zayn out of the arena, and Chris Jericho ran in and hit a Codebreaker on a semi-conscious Rollins.
– Gallows and Anderson d. The Golden Truth (Anderson pinned Goldust, rollup)
– Rich Swann d. Ariya Daivari (pinfall, Swann Song)
Post-match, Swann accepted Neville’s challenge for 205 Live, but was attacked from behind by his challenger, who beat Swann down and hit him with a Red Arrow.
Backstage, Jack Gallagher officially challenged Ariya Daivari to a duel, complete with formal dueling glove. Jack Gallagher continues to be awesome.
– Roman Reigns d. Kevin Owens to retain the WWE US Title (pinfall, Spear)
Jericho ran in mid-way through the match. For the finish, Rollins ran out and Pedigreed Jericho, distracting Owens and allowing Reigns to get the win. Post-match, Rollins and Reigns beat up Jericho and Owens some more.